Have all the ingredients prepared before starting.
- 1/2 oz. dried shiitake mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons peanut or canola oil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup diced barbecued pork (about 4 oz.), purchased or homemade
- 8 oz. bean sprouts, washed and drained
- 4 – 6 cups cooled cooked rice
- 4 – 6 green onions, white and green parts, sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
To prepare the mushrooms, place them in a heat-proof bowl and pour boiling water over to cover. Soak until mushrooms are soft, about 20 minutes. Drain the mushrooms, remove the tough stem, and slice.
Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high to high heat. When hot, add the beaten eggs and stir-fry until set. Add the barbecued pork, mushrooms, and bean sprouts and stir-fry for an additional minute. Add the rice to the wok or pan. Break it apart with a spatula and stir-fry until rice is heated through, at least 5 minutes. Add the green onions and soy sauce. Stir to mix thoroughly. Taste for salt; add salt or more soy sauce if needed.
Serves 4 – 6
Recipe by From Scratch at https://thingsfromscratch.wordpress.com/2012/04/04/pork-fried-rice/