Adapted from Bon Appétit, June 2000
- 1½ pounds small red-skinned potatoes
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 6 tablespoons finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1½ tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Cut the potatoes into 1-inch pieces. Steam until tender, 10 – 15 minutes. Place potatoes in a large bowl. Add olive oil to potatoes and toss to coat.
Add the onion, bell pepper, lemon juice, oregano, mint, salt and pepper and toss together gently.
Serve right away or can be made up to 4 hours ahead and chilled. Bring the salad to room temperature for 1 hour before serving.
Serves 3 – 4