When I started my WIP Wednesday feature last month, my intention was to write an update at least every other week (as long as I had updates to share!). Well, it’s nearly a month and a half later. Whoops! My excuse is not that I haven’t accomplished anything, but rather that I have been so busy with my projects that I haven’t had time to write about them.
Larch is coming along nicely! This has been a very enjoyable project and I love how the pattern shows off the beautiful yarn so well. I can’t wait to finish this one!
Next month I will be starting another mystery knit-a-long! This one will be a two color hat. I chose the following colors of Simplicity. I used the Pantone Fall 2014 Fashion Color Report for inspiration.
This is another KAL hosted by Skacel and Michelle Hunter. For more information about the KAL see: http://knitpurlhunter.com/kal/uncategorized/july-kal-3/. If you are interested in participating in a mystery KAL, I highly recommend Michelle’s. They are very well run and I always learn something new!
My bedroom project is coming along slowly, but surely. It is slow-going because this is the first time I have done any of this, and I am learning as I go. The project also got stopped in it’s tracks due to have my mother visit to help me with a garage sale (she stayed in the room, so I had to make it liveable for her) and the school year ending.
Since I last updated you, I have ripped out the closet doors, washed the walls (a painful process because of leftover wallpaper glue), painted the ceiling, and patched the walls. I had hoped to have a fun before/after photo of the ceiling and new light fixture for you, but we ran into a snag with the light fixture that requires some research and perhaps a consultation with an electrician. Trust me, the picture will be more fun when the light fixture is installed!
I made a decision about the closet doors! They have been removed and will not be replaced. My sister-in-law, who has young children of her own, convinced me to go doorless. Thinking about ease-of-use and accessibility for my daughter, this made the most sense. Here is a photo of the closet right now:
The white bits are where the original shelf and rod were installed. I removed those and patched the walls.
Right now I am working on masking the rooms so I can get the walls painted. I hope to get that done when summer school starts in a couple of weeks. Then the project will be put on hiatus until the new school year starts in August.